Families for Families
Program Assistance Application
In an effort to help lessen the outbreak’s economic impacts, the Families for Families (F4F) program will provide housing assistance to renters .
Eligible applicants will receive assistance for rent payments made directly to property owners or management companies. The total assistance amount will be determine after an assessment has been made by a caseworker.
TO BE ELIGIBLE RENTERS MUST:
- Rent an apartment or house in New Orleans.
- Have a valid and current written lease signed by landlord
- Have a loss of income because of COVID-19
- At risk of being evicted
- Have school-age children in household.
- Veteran, disabled or elderly tenants may be eligible.
RENTERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE IF:
- Currently reside in public housing funded by Public Housing Authorities, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD, or the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Receive other government rental assistance (Section 8/Housing Choice Vouchers, Permanent Supportive Housing, or Section 811)
- Landlord is a relative.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit the following required documents:
- A completed application.
- A valid and current written lease signed by the landlord.
- A written statement that describes how the household’s financial situation changed
- Proof of loss of income.
- A valid ID that matches the name on the lease.
- A recent bill (electric bill, water bill, late or eviction notice)